On the Road Again

Bethany, Carrie and I had a blast on our most recent girls' road trip. Once again, we hit the "antiquing road" and searched for sweet vintage treasures, met interesting people, scoured as many craft stores as possible and enjoyed lots of laughs. Lots of laughs. This year we returned to a favorite antiquing event in Yakima known as "American Primitives at Clayson Farm." We made this trip last year, too, and had a ball. Check out the fun we had this year! From our pictures you'll see that it's not all about the quest for "stuff" but we take great delight in the displays, the colors, the shapes, the creativity of each vendor. And the friendship is the icing on the cake!
Nothing says "vacation" like really cute luggage. But that handle would be a real pain walking through Heathrow. Two words: Super. Glue.
Love this fruit platter and the gorgeous blue of this baking powder tin. I'm not a big fan of "blue" but the white and rosy red make this vignette visually appealing to me.
And then there's the crispness of black and white...or black and cream. I did want the big blackboard in the background but it was $95 and it would have been tricky getting it in the back of the Expedition. I mean, the rig is big but not quite that big.
I have a "thing" for vintage linens and this vendor is one I was looking forward to seeing at Clayson Farm again.
Pink is the best. Hands down.
Green is a contender. Spent plenty of green on this trip, too!
I thought the rolled up sheet music was so cute in this mailbox. And if you've ever seen my mailbox, you'd probably say that I should have bought the mailbox instead of the music.
My girl is too big for these pillowcase frocks, but ooooh. They're so cute!
What a cheerful magnet board! It's so fun to make magnets from random objects. Not that I've actually done it. It's more like a theory I have.
Bethany and Carrie are such fabulous gals. I love them with all my heart. And, in a way, I guess you could consider these adventures we take together "chick feed." I think we're all pretty satisfied with our little treasures and are nourished until the next antique event comes along!