Simple & Sweet Mini-Album

Forgive me, friends, it's been about about five months since my last blog post.

In that time, I've moved, changed jobs, planned two fundraisers, and was generally what you might call...preoccupied. I'm finally getting settled in our new place--and while things aren't exactly "normal" yet--life is good!

It's made even better by my ability to get back to being creative. While a lot of my crafting stuff is still at Snowberry Farm (in my super messy studio), I was able to take a fun Mini-Album class with my sister last weekend.

I'm not usually one to take classes, but my sister and I happened to know the guest teacher from high school, and I really was itching to make something, so we signed up.

While the sample album focused on a "home" theme, sometimes I like to do my own thing. I made mine for my daughter's birthday. I loved the colors and the Crate Paper materials from their "Neighborhood Collection"--especially the cute and very sticky (I hate it when things don't adhere well!) chipboard stickers. I also added a few Lily Bee Design letter stickers that are really tiny, but fun to use. 


I couldn't resist using these rainboots because, truly, my girl can rock rainboots like no other.

Unfortunately, this album is representative of our Pacific Northwest summer weather--lots of clouds! But isn't the banner cheery? And I think they're "happy" clouds at least!



 This little postcard is just waiting for a little love note. I thought it made a cute, anchoring "centerfold" for the album.
 I wish I had a glitter phone.


LOVE this checklist. Except maybe at my age the hopscotch isn't so great anymore. If you know what I mean.
My mother-in-law visited the other day, and she remarked on how genuinely kind my daughter is. And it's really true. As hard as I might try to drag her into a critical conversation about someone, she WILL NOT take the bait. It's amazing. It's simply not her nature. I ask you: How many fifteen-year-olds have you met who will not gossip?
Isn't this little blue chipboard girl adorable? Why, yes, it is.
I "tied" the balloon to her wrist with embroidery floss. Remember the joy of having a balloon tied around your wrist? It's not as cute when you're in your forties, but we can still love balloons.
I can't resist mushrooms, as well as details like the teensy "XOXO" chipboard button.

Happy birthday to all of you July babies out there! Hope you enjoyed my album. I haven't journaled in it yet or added photos, but I will get around to it. And, hopefully, I won't wait five more months!