Mother's Day: One-Week Countdown

You've been forewarned: Mother's Day is one week away. Get your cards ready (or in the mail!) and prepare to make your Mom feel loved. I had fun making Mother's Day themed cards last night. I got a late start so I didn't do too many, but here are a few to share with you.

I used my new Josephine Kimberling for Impress stamp. I would say it's rather a peony-like posy image. Or--if we stretch our imaginations a bit--perhaps it's more of a chrysanthemum. Hence, we'll consider this the perfect stamp for "Mum's" day!
While I continually gravitate toward my yummy-looking Fresh Ink stamp pads, I grabbed my VersaColor Ultimate Pigment pad in "Lime" and gave it a go. It gave this card a bright little lift. And then it made me want to make a margarita, for some reason.
On this version, I decided to stamp the "Mum" in Fresh Ink "Pool" onto white cardstock. Then I carefully trimmed around it and mounted it on a handful of low-profile foam squares--just to give it a little dimension. The vintage music makes for a nice background and the glittery alpha letters from My Mind's Eye lends a bit of vintage glam. I used some vintage pattern paper to create the center of the posy.
Realizing that my own Mom reads my blog (and she very well might be the ONLY one who does), I'm not going to tell you which one I'm giving to her. She'll just have to wait and act surprised. Plus, I got her a gift that I really want to keep for myself. That means it's a good one. Looking forward to celebrating with you next week, Momma! Love you! xo