Ruffles and Rust

Twice a year, I look forward to the Ruffles and Rust show featuring vintage and handcrafted treasures at the Evergreen Fairgrounds in Monroe, Washington. Even after a long work week, I usually jump at the chance for the Friday night First Choice Shopping opportunity. In the end, it's worth the ticket price. Plus, if the show knocks my socks off, I'm also allowed free entry on Saturday, too.

Here are a few things that especially tickled my fancy last night. In looking back at my photos, I see that I was drawn to the colors that scream "summertime" and any vignette that incorporated flora and fauna with fabulous vintage finds.
For some reason, there was a lot of acrylic pastel dinnerware for sale. I love the colors, but not so much the material. Still, it is so pretty!
I still prefer the croquet balls that I keep in a wooden bowl on my coffee table, but the mallets make for a good display, too. These are perfectly worn and still have some of the rubber tips in place.
This fern is so healthy and is the perfect shape for this old funnel.


Not sure why but I really want one of these soda bottles! So cool.

This was a glorious arrangement of variegated jumbo lilacs, bleeding hearts, and other picture-perfect beauties. The shopkeeper said it was the first thing in her booth to sell. I can see why.
This chaise is absolutely faboo! And, yes, I would want it right by a pretty green screen door...but I'd never want to get up!
Doesn't this just scream SUMMER?!
I didn't buy much, but I did buy a roll of this vendor's player piano music. My roll is entitled, "Springtime and You." When I was little, my cousin had a player piano. We loved to play it until our legs were sore from pumping the pedals. My favorite was "Chattanooga Choo-Choo" and we would sing along as the words flew by. The original karaoke? Good memories!

We snooped through a lot of suitcases last night. These were my favorite with the "brown-red" accents.
I couldn't get a great photo of these, but how sweet are these alyssum in little paper bags? These old plant stands are always hard to repurpose but this vendor put this together just perfectly. In fact, I think I liked this space the best. The husband and wife team of "Roost" is a class act. They were friendly and put together a fun space with excellent "flow." Check out more of their goods at http://roostreimagined.blogspot.com/

My sister and I have been obsessing a bit over vintage florist baskets. She scored a gorgeous one filled with lilacs. It's sublime!
Looking forward to the fall show...where pumpkins and cornstalks will take the place of lilacs and apple blossoms!