Sending You Sunshine

Hello, friends and card crafters! In our household, two out of our three birthdays are SUMMER birthdays, so this--along with goodies the adorable October Afternoon "Cakewalk" line--inspired me to make some fun summer-birthday-themed greeting cards this week.

Our girl turned 16, so I wanted to make a cute girlie card. The black-and-white flower was made with my Slice. Thanks to my sister for snagging me the pretty white Hambly Studios doily rub-ons. Sadly, you may have heard that Hambly is closing its doors. I will miss your fabulous products, Hambly Studios!





The following three cards are a series inspired by Vickie Boutin's book, Creative Foundations. Who loves Starburst? And who loves them on these cards? Fun!


I have really loved this birthday set of Basic Grey chipboard stickers. What a happy little lollipop! Perfect for a joyful kid's card.
It's really not a party without an awesome hat.
Add a tiny dot of iridescent Stickles to light up the candles.

I love the Cakewalk "flair!" Super cute.
This card incorporates pieces of the Simple Stories "Fabulous" line which provides wonderful product for teen birthday cards. Love it!
My daughter told me I should add an exclamation point after the "hooray for you" phrase on this card. I asked her why...and she said it sounds a little sarcastic without it. Solid papercrafting advice from a 16-year-old. Now I am going to have to find an exclamation point!







These "Dear Lizzy" jars were fun to play with. How cute are these "Little Flyer" flags, too?




(I slipped a little thank you note in here--not birthdayish--but I am so thankful for summer!)






Happy summer...and happy birthday, too, if that applies to you!