Time to Shine

It's just so satisfying to spend weekend time creating cards! During a recent crafting session I made some all-occasion cards--some with sparkle, some with farm girl style, and some that have even sprouted feathers. I'll begin with one of my favorites...this "shine" card with gold sequins just makes me smile! When it's time to send it, I'll date stamp it on the "Remember" tab. Which super star in my life will I send it to?
Show your l-o-v-e with chipboard Scrabble tiles!
I love this sunny card with the downy feather, and I adore the "photo strip" embellishment.
This black-and-white card is ready for its close-up, Mr. DeMille. This was really fun to create. I love using Glitz Design embellishments--especially the sparkly glass oversized bling!
Who doesn't love a good rub-on? This camera is from a Hambly set. I love the quality of these rub-ons but sadly, I don't think they make this product anymore.

Another pretty feather, a gorgeous sparkly button, velveteen edging and a darling paper feather, too! I had fun with the color scheme on this card and decided to "live a little" by adding the pop of red with the "you" sticker. Fun stuff.
This is kind of a crazy card. I hate it when I let it get so wacked out--sometimes I just lose my focus. But I'm learning to be okay with that. I like the soft blue and yellow and the hint of "spring" feels right around the corner. And who doesn't love sparkly yellow Thicker letters, I ask you?
I misted the rick-rack and used the same mist to spatter the card for a pretty coordinated feel.
I'm a huge October Afternoon fan who LOVES the Farm Girl line! This is kind of a wacky card, but I love it for all its rainbow joy! Plus, who can resist a card with yarn, violets, a rooster, a heart and cherry chipboard, too? Not me. I didn't really like how my ribbon soaked in the yellow ink, but let's just call that a little extra sunshine. Not. A. Mistake.
My sister and I went to a Happy Hour at the Seattle Center recently. We didn't win any of the raffle prizes but my tickets look so cute on this gender-neutral card.

I love the simplicity of this card. Have you every tried playing with snaps on your layouts or cards? If not, you'll love it! Pick some up at the fabric store and have fun with it.
I absolutely adore this patterned paper that repeats the days of the week. This card will go to someone who enriches my life everyday. I'd better make several of these, now that I think about it! I also like the feel of the aqua corrugated letters.
The colors are fun on this one, too. I guess I'm digging the purple and red combo! The little flag is just a toothpick and washi tape. Such a super easy little embellishment to make. Fun button, too.
This one is not quite right. It's lacking for something. I kind of designed myself into the corner (the left corner!) because the eye moves around the card and wants to see something in the bottom right. At least my eye does. I will work on that and try to fix it. I think I can find something to "ground" it with...stay tuned on that one. I do like the two-toned hand-dyed ribbon, though. I used my super awesome Dear Lizzy mists for vibrant color and let them run together in places.
Here's another piece of my hand-dyed ribbon. The mist colors blend so beautifully! Like peas in a pod.
I like the layout on this last card. I think I'll make a whole series of cards using this one simple layout. Watch for a new blog post featuring those cards coming soon! (I always need something to look forward to.)
Thanks so much for stopping by to enjoy my weekend craft-warrior creations! Happy March!