Creative Christmas Challenge

"Art allows us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time." -Thomas Merton

What happened, 2015? Not enough art.

So...I'm ringing in 2016 with a little personal challenge to get me jump started. During my winter vacation, my goal is to create something every day and post it to the blog. Why now in the last two (and busiest) weeks of the year?

It all started with a recent mid-year admission process (day job). As the student's mother and I worked closely together, we found we had some things in common. Turns out she had looked at my bio on the school website (written five years ago) and saw that I described myself as a papercrafter and blogger. Truth be told, I have not been able to make a lot of time for my art in the past year, and I haven't blogged since January, for goodness sake! It was sad to admit that I haven't made time for these things I love.

I'm going to turn that around. I have some time off over Winter Break and will do my very best! And thank you to the one who inspired me to take this up. Christmas gifts come in all shapes and sizes, and she has given me inspiration--one of my favorite gifts EVER.