A Bloomin' Good Summer

Meet Gladiola. She's my birthday flower. You know, kind of like your birthstone...but a flower. And I love her. Glads (her nickname) is showy and tall and looks gorgeous in a tall vintage vase. She's fancy, but not fussy. She comes in all colors of the rainbow. I love it when she's chartreuse.
Another thing I love about summer is my Endless Summer Hydrangea. She had a rocky start and I didn't think she was going to make it. I had to transplant her and now she's tickled blue.
Yeah, my flowerbeds are going a little wild right now. I do love these crazy lilies that were evidently planted years before we bought the house. At first I didn't care for them, but they've grown on me. Just before sunset they light up like they're fluorescent. Like someone just flipped a switch.

And what is summer without ice cream? Actually, this was a mid-June arrangement. The peonies, foxglove, and weigela give it away.
And speaking of vintage ice cream cartons, check out my sister's collection. She had a festive display of them on her Fourth of July table. They were right next to a tall vase of Gladiola (yep, she was invited, too).
And finally, the chickens. I'm far too busy to have real animals on my farm so I have to settle for the concrete kind. I give them free range of the flower beds. With a chick-chick-here and a chick-chick-there...
E-I-E-I-oooooohhhhh, summer!