It's No Fabrication

I love quilts. Fabulous fabrics are a treat for the senses. Secondly, put those fabulous fabrics together in intriguing patterns and, well, that's just sublime. My lantern quilt is a favorite.
There's something I love about my star quilt, too. The stars are nice and big and bold. I'm always drawn to quilts with a little orange, pink, or black worked in.
Although it's more simple than most of my favorite quilts, this basket pattern is sweet. It also has a tag on the back corner revealing that it was once part of a Washington state centennial quilt project. Not sure what that means exactly, but it sounds neat.

I don't mind machine-stitched quilts at all. I'm impressed with the devotion and skill it takes to create ANY quilt. But I also really appreciate the quality of a hand-stitched quilt. Imagine the hours and hours of work required by this hand-stitched wedding ring quilt. It was crafted by my husband's grandmother years and years ago. I cherish it.
Most of my quilts aren't as nice as that. In fact, most are probably considered "cutters." These are quilts that are somewhat tattered...kind of falling apart in places...good candidates for cutting apart for other crafting purposes. But I don't mind imperfections. Often these battered old things are the softest, sweetest quilts. Obviously, there's a reason they've been much-loved and worn out. Check out this crazy quilt, for example. Yes, it's rough around the edges, but it's so cool I couldn't bear to cut it up.

The edging on this one is so cute even though it's worn. I adore the green trim--at least what's left of it! And, yep. There's the orange. And pink.

I bought these pillows years ago at a Barn Sale. Aren't they sweet? The fan pattern coordinates nicely with the lantern quilt.

Finally, I love going to my friend Kim's house. I worship her because that girl can crank out quilts left and right. It's amazing. Here are a couple of her works-in-progress. She chooses such rich fabrics and colors. I love to see what's she's piecing together!
Can't wait to see the finished project--especially knowing that someone will love and cherish it for many, many years to come.