Thank Goodness for Parent-Teacher Conferences

I am so happy. I had Monday and Tuesday off this week due to Parent-Teacher Conferences. I spent a little time in my studio which makes me happy, happy, happy! Here are a few cards I cranked out. The feeling I get when I work is my studio is kind of like what the little girl on this card might feel--relaxed, time standing still, no worries, just marveling at the little things. Taking time. (There's so little of it in my life these days!)


My friend Kamuela is launching a new business in Olympia called "re-Fabulous." It's a sewing lounge--a crafter's happy place--specializing in re-purposing, handcrafting, sewing...all for the love of creativity. Everything I see with a sewing theme reminds me of her these days! I made the orange and white posy from some super cute polka-dot gingham. It's not so great, but passes for cute in this context.

Wool felt, bling, stitching, and one of my new favorites...decorative tape! A simple, but nice card. Could be a good one for a guy. (Guys are so hard to design for.)


I don't know if I like this card, but it's kind of growing on me. If I'm not entirely happy with a card, it's unlikely I'll send it. It has to be send-worthy, of course.


I'm thinking this needs a "receipt" type stamp or something. I have a feeling I'm not quite done with it. Good start, though. I do like the patterned paper I used in the posy.



This isn't too valentiney, is it? I adore red and white. Plus, I can send this to ANYONE I want. Not just my valentine.


Pink paint--applied with an old gift card of some sort. Love the velvet ribbon, too! (I've had it for-EVER so thank goodness I'm finally using five inches of it.)



Mixing wool felt and paper is pretty doggone fun.


This next one is a card for my brother's birthday in November. (Thinking ahead, for once.) Hence, the "J-O-E" banner. He probably doesn't read my blog so it's not going to spoil any surprise or anything.


I gave this gnome a little fuzzy beard with flocking. You can't see it, but can't you "sense" it's cuteness? And oh my gosh, how cute is that mushroom paper?!


I love these buttons. I don't do actually anything with them, I just keep them in my studio for yet more strange things to distract me.


And finally, these are just embellishments I made for future projects. I wanted to make a cool rosette out of the party streamer paper. I had a picture in my head what I wanted it to look like, but then I ran out of patience in the tedious folding part. So it's kind of lame. I am having fun with the layered paper flowers, though. I could make these forever and never run out of patterned paper. True statement. In other words, if you see me in a scrapbook store buying paper, make me stop.


Thanks for taking time for my show-and-tell!