Springing Into Action

Rainy days in the Pacific Northwest are a blessing for more than one reason. To me, it means another excuse to stay inside and craft. Thanks to the wet weather, I can easily make any excuses for staying inside where it's warm and dry. It is such a treat to spend hours and hours making cards and sorting through my art supplies! Here are a few of my recent creations...

Hello, Seattle!
Put on a happy face! These colors are so sweet.
I bought this typewriter stamp set before Seattle's "Monkey Love" closed their shop. Finally! I used it. I also love that it comes with a stamp that says, "You're old school and you're cool." Yes, indeedy.
My sister just did a "banner" blog post on her "Ribbon, Glitter & Glue" blog. We can't get enough of these super cute, celebratory flags. This card is a fun mix of paper and ribbon. Nice texture. Cue the wind machines and let it fly! I do have to admit, though, that whenever I see this "reach for the sky" rub-on, I actually think of Woody from Toy Story. Where are the rub-ons that read: "There's a snake in my boot!"
I always enjoy working with twill. I'll be sad when I use up this great measuring tape print. And how cute is that little red-head?
For some reason, these colors just work. The purple was fun to focus on and kinda does make me smile.
I'm second-guessing myself here. Not sure if I recently made this, but it's so pretty that it's going to stay. I like how the yellow cardstock sort of neutralizes all that pink. Not that I will EVER admit there could be too much pink. Not possible.
These seamstress-themed embellishments make me want to really learn how to sew.
I had this weird dream last night that I went over to Ty Burrell's house ("Phil" on Modern Family) and, boy, was he a fabulous wool fiber artist. Seriously. He even needle-felted a gorgeous handbag. I don't know why my mind would make this up! Must be true.
Wild thing. I love that vintage print. Made this card with my cousins Kenny and Carmen in mind. They own an old filling station and appreciate adorable vintage stuff. He just bought her a fabulous old Coke cooler. A pretty old red thing. Wonder if he has refurbished it yet? It's gonna' be summer soon!
This is a simple card. I will be sending this to one of my sweet little Waldorf friends who appreciates things like teeter-totters and jump ropes.
Sort of a "you make me happy" when skies are blue kind of thing. The bird is just cheerful!
Another bird. A "good luck" bird, apparently. By the way, have you seen the Portlandia "Put a Bird on It" clip? Maybe that's what happened here.
This little gal really looks like my best friend from childhood. And I think she had that outfit, too.
Another banner. Another paper flower. And so many fun colors!
This was a little experiment. Pinwheels are so whimsical and are made more fun by double-sided paper.
Aha, yet another banner. Who's moving? Here's your card!
My daughter, the ballerina, liked this one right away. Simply put, a sweet card.
My photo didn't turn out great on this one, but I adore this trim and how the colors work together.
I love this bottle cap paper--even though it's hard to work with. Keep it simple and it makes a nice, bold gender-neutral card.
I'll probably write on that little piece of notebook paper when I decide who to send this to. I love using arrows--especially nice, sturdy chipboard arrows. Get my point?
This was a ready-to-roll chipboard pinwheel. Doesn't get much easier than that!
Here's that cute little Carrie-girl again.
Sometimes I have a hard time using the printed cards from Impress. This grey chevron is so appealing, but I get baffled as to how to use them. Maybe it's because they always look so good in the store--I'm afraid mine won't be as cute? The grey, black and red was a nice change for this card. Love the patterned tape, too, which I received as a Christmas gift.
I got stuck on this card and nearly tossed it in the recycle. Not my favorite, but I included it because sometimes I like to tie tiny ribbon onto staples. That was pretty much what redeemed it for me.
Makes me want to go to Dairy Queen for some reason.
I liked this strange twist on a "thank you" card. This was definitely a "using up my scraps" card.
These little rolled flowers are fun to make. My cousin's baby girl was the inspiration behind this card. That baby has WAY more clothes than I do!
Who is ready for summer? I was just playing with colors and liked how this worked. Super simple.
It's true. Life is good. In pink, black and green, no less.
Sometimes a nice big flower just packs a punch! I hoard fabric-covered brads. Finally used one.
This one's for Mr. Lee. Nice gnome, mushrooms and Paul Simon reference. Weird card.
Super simple chipboard and scraps! Needs some Mister Huey spray. Will add it.
And this is where I love to be. To live and craft! (And wash dishes.)
Thanks for checking out all of my latest creations. By the way, does Daylight Savings Time mean that I now have MORE daylight hours to craft the day away?!