Leap Into March

Happy Leap Day tomorrow! I'm a day early but since I have a "day job" that I need to show up for, I have to papercraft on weekends. I've got a lot to be thankful for so I sat down to make a few thank you notes today.

First of all, I hosted our final admission tour of the year last week so I had a couple of fabulous student ambassadors to thank. Here are the cards I made for these special kiddos:


I love the sparkly cork heart! This card is for a superstar of a guy who will graduate this June. He plans to study industrial design at college. The "bubble sheet" patterned paper is one of my favorites of all time.

As sponsor of the high school Spirit Club, I had the privilege of hosting a Coffee House for our high school students on Friday night. My fellow adult chaperone was my colleague and friend Nancy, and I think we had as much fun as the kids. This is a thank you for her, my partner in crime.


There are also students who go above and beyond, and this card is for the young man who did just that for the Coffee House. He was the only one willing/able to stay after school to help set up (stringing festive strings of lights, moving the flippin' heavy piano, and putting cafe tables and chairs in place) AND stayed late to help clean up. He also performed "How to Save a Life" by The Fray and was so awesome I can't even tell you. This card's for that superstar.


And this one, well, I think this bubble gum card is for me. I love it.


Lots of gratitude going out tomorrow! I hope the recipients can feel the love. Happy March, everyone! <3 p="">